Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Member Login Join Free Today

Forum Home  »» Blog comments

This Forum: keeping tubes of gouache from drying out
Don't use gouache much so the tube paints dry out before I've used much at all. Anyone had experience with this and have ideas on how to remedy?
Started: 5th February 2013

You are not permitted to add a new forum or post replies. Login now to post

Lesley Jennings  Joined: 07/01/2013 | Member Level: 1 | Posts: 5
#4 Posted: 6th February 2013 - 04:50:05 
I have read somewhere that if you store the tubes up side down  on there lids, and squeeze from the bottom of the tube like you would do with toothpaste, hope this helps all the best Lesley
elizabeth ellison  Joined: 05/02/2013 | Member Level: 1 | Posts: 2
#5 Posted: 7th February 2013 - 11:07:22 
Thanks and i talked with  a W&N technician and he said the main thing is to be sure the cap is on securely also you can store the closed tube paints in zip lock baggies with a small damp sponge--add a few drops of alcohol to the wet sponge to cut down on bacterial growth and this all makes great sense.

I just read about a good resource for gouache as well as watercolor painting www.handprint.com.

gallery/studio in the Great Smoky Mountains Bryson City NC28713 www.elizabethellisonwatercolors.com 

Lesley Jennings  Joined: 07/01/2013 | Member Level: 1 | Posts: 5
#6 Posted: 13th February 2013 - 05:45:52 
This is great information I keep my gouache in an old plastic icecream tub, I havent had any problems with tubes drying, I do sometime have problems opening tubes especially acrylics, I keep a pair of pliers handy all the best Lesley Jennings

«« Oldest Posts  |  « Previous Posts  |  Next Posts »  |  Most Recent Posts »»

Showing page 1 of 1 pages.